VOLKSWAGEN GOLF IV
since 1997 of release
Repair and car operation
Foltsvagen Golf 4
+ 1. Maintenance instruction
+ 2. Engine
+ 3. Cooling system
- 4. Fuel system
+ 4.1. Cars with petrol engines
- 4.2. Cars with diesel engines
4.2.1. Direct injection of fuel
4.2.2. Fuel tank
4.2.4. Check of system of preliminary heating of the diesel engine
4.2.5. Check of candles of an incandescence
4.2.6. Removal and installation of candles of an incandescence
4.2.7. System of heating of fuel
+ 4.2.8. Fuel nozzles
4.2.9. Moment of injection of the fuel pump of a high pressure
4.2.10. Main malfunctions of a control system of the engine
+ 5. Exhaust system
+ 6. Ventilation and heating system
+ 7. Coupling
+ 8. Transmission
+ 9. Suspension brackets and power shafts
+ 10. Steering
+ 11. Wheels and tires
+ 12. Brake system
+ 13. Body
+ 14. Electric equipment and electroschemes
At direct injection of fuel fuel moves directly in the combustion chamber. The fuel pump submits fuel under the pressure of near 900th bar, and injection of fuel is made in two stages.
Use of two-channel fuel nozzles gives the chance to make initial injection of an insignificant part of fuel therefore process of combustion of fuel improves, and process of combustion proceeds more smoothly. The amount of injected fuel is regulated by an electronic control system of the engine.
The amount of injected fuel is regulated by a control system on the basis of information from the following sensors:
– sensor of provision of a pedal of an accelerator. The sensor of provision of a pedal of an accelerator hands over information to a control unit the engine about the provision of a pedal of an accelerator at the moment time;
– sensor of turns of a cranked shaft of the engine;
– sensor of moving of a needle of a fuel nozzle. On the basis of information from this sensor the moment of injection of fuel is defined and adjustment of process of injection depending on operational modes and turns of a cranked shaft of the engine is made;
– the sensor of pressure of air arriving in the engine (the pressurization sensor);
– the sensor of temperature of air arriving in the engine;
– the sensor of temperature of cooling liquid;
– sensor of temperature of diesel fuel;
– potentiometer of provision of a zolotnik. On the basis of information from this sensor the actual amount of injected fuel is defined.
The air arriving in the engine in inlet channels, twists on a spiral therefore combustion process in engine cylinders improves. Also start of the cold engine is thus facilitated, and the preliminary heating of the engine is necessary for making at air temperatures below-10 ° Page.
Before intake of fuel in the fuel pump of a high pressure fuel passes through the fuel filter in which from it water which is necessary for merging periodically also separates.
The drive of the fuel pump is carried out from a cranked shaft of the engine through a gear belt. Internal mobile details of the fuel pump are greased with diesel fuel.
Do not use the compressed air for cleaning of elements of the fuel system established on the engine.