Foltsvagen Golf 4
+ 1. Maintenance instruction
+ 2. Engine
+ 3. Cooling system
+ 4. Fuel system
+ 5. Exhaust system
+ 6. Ventilation and heating system
+ 7. Coupling
+ 8. Transmission
- 9. Suspension brackets and power shafts
+ 9.1. Forward suspension bracket
- 9.2. Back suspension bracket
9.2.1. Removal and shock-absorber and spring installation
9.2.2. Shock-absorber check
9.2.3. Shock-absorber utilization
+ 10. Steering
+ 11. Wheels and tires
+ 12. Brake system
+ 13. Body
+ 14. Electric equipment and electroschemes
External manifestations which testify to malfunction of the shock-absorber:
– long rocking of a body at movement on a rough paving;
– increasing fluctuation of a body at movement on a rough paving;
– non-uniform and unstable movement of wheels (jumping) at movement in a certain range of speeds, including on turns;
– a deviation from the set trajectory of movement of the car when braking;
– unstable passing of turns and car drift;
– emergence of clicks and extraneous noise at car movement. Clicks and easy blows can be caused also by other malfunctions of a suspension bracket, in particular, the weakened carving connections, failure of bearings of naves or worn-out hinges of equal angular speeds of power shafts.
Check of a condition of the shock-absorber can be made manually or with use of the special equipment.
| PERFORMANCE ORDER
|1. For check remove the shock-absorber from the car.
|2. Check on all length of a rod of the shock-absorber on absence of dot corrosion.
|3. Check the shock-absorber case on absence of mechanical damages.
|| 4. Establish the shock-absorber in vertical situation and check its work, moving a shock-absorber rod at full capacity. Also check operation of the shock-absorber, moving a shock-absorber rod up and down on distance of 50-100 mm. In all cases the rod of the shock-absorber should move smoothly with notable resistance.
|5. If the rod of the shock-absorber moves with breakthroughs or there are mechanical damages, the shock-absorber is subject to replacement.
|6. At the gas-filled shock-absorber the rod of the shock-absorber can spontaneously be put forward from the shock-absorber. If there is no spontaneous promotion of a rod from the shock-absorber, it does not testify to malfunction of the shock-absorber. In this case the operating mode of the gas-filled shock-absorber corresponds to an operating mode of the hydraulic shock-absorber. The shock-absorber carries out the functions and without superfluous pressure of gas, but thus there can be an additional noise when moving the piston of the shock-absorber.
|7. Check the shock-absorber on signs of leakages of amortization liquid. Small leakages of oil at preservation of normal operability of the shock-absorber are allowed. If the spot of the liquid which has flowed out from the shock-absorber, reaches only the bottom support of a spring, it is considered the normal phenomenon. At an insignificant effluence of liquid from the shock-absorber also there is a greasing of a sealing ring of a rod of the shock-absorber that increases term of its service.
|8. In the presence of strong leakages of liquid from the shock-absorber it is necessary to replace the shock-absorber.